Fender 70th Anniversary Esquire - 2 Colour Sunburst
The very first solid-body electric guitar offered by Fender in 1950 was the Esquire. With an elegant single-cutaway silhouette, adjustable 3-saddle bridge and a lone, repurposed lap-steel pickup in the bridge position – the Esquire laid the groundwork for all solidbody electric guitars to follow and foreshadowed its more famous sibling, the Telecaster.
Like the earliest Esquire models, the 70th Anniversary Esquire features a pine body – a lightweight wood known for punchy and complex tone – and upgrades it with our roasting treatment, greatly improving the resonance of the body. Other features include a lacquer finish, thick “U”-shaped neck, Tim Shaw-designed Esquire bridge pickup – inspired by an original ’50 Esquire from Songbirds Museum in Chattanooga, TN - special anniversary neck plate and tweed case.
Production of the 70th Anniversary Esquire will be limited to 2020 only.
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Material: Roasted Pine
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Colour: 2-Color Sunburst
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: '50 Broadcaster "U"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Tim Shaw Designed Esquire Bridge Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge (Tone control off), Position 2. Bridge (Tone control on), Position 3. Bridge (Tone control off, pre-set treble roll-off)
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele with Solid Barrel Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black Phenolic
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Hardshell
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)