Roland AX-Edge Keytar - Black
Step Into the Spotlight
The AX-Edge is the ultimate performance synthesizer. It has a sleek, modern design and customizable look via interchangeable Edge Blades, 49 full-sized keys, and a sound set crafted specifically for keytarists. And throughout the AX-Edge, you'll find thoughtful design features that give you the freedom and confidence to truly express yourself on stage.
• 49 full-sized keys with velocity and channel aftertouch
• 4 parts + vocoder with mic Input
• 320 programs and over 500 preset tones for keytarists
• 79 types of part multi-effects and part EQ, 79 types of program multi-effects, chorus, reverb, master compressor, and master EQ
• Tone Remain function switches sounds seamlessly without unnatural sound cutoff
• Ribbon controller, modulation bar, and assignable controls for expressive performance
• Up to 4 hours of battery-powered• operation; can also be powered via AC adaptor
• Bluetooth MIDI and editor app for wireless sound customization
• Weighs just 9 lb. 5 oz./4.2 kg (without batteries)
• Available in black and white models with removable Edge Blade for custom look
• One extra Edge Blade included to complement your AX-Edge model
• Audio file playback via external USB memory
• Master MIDI controller functionality for remote operation of sound modules, plug-ins, and more
• Dual display system optimized for live performance
• Optional ST-AX2 stand provides stable support when the instrument is not in use
*Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries only.
Give Your Stage Presence the Edge
Stage presence is everything, and you work hard to develop your image as a solo performer or band. The AX-Edge is designed to not only look stunning on stage, but also to match your own unique style. It's available in black or white, and each colour has individual design elements that make it stand out, like the "none-more-black" keys and removable Edge Blades. The AX-Edge comes with an extra Edge Blade in the box (a silver Edge Blade for the black model and a gold Edge Blade for the white) and you can even create your own original designs. Create a look that complements your band's style or swap out Edge Blades to keep things fresh.
From Stage-Ready Classics to Custom-Made Tones
Dedicated buttons for favourite sounds give you instant access to edgy leads, big fat basses, and all manner of keyboard sounds perfect for the performing keytarist, whether it's taking a solo or sharing the limelight with your bandmates. If you like to customize your sounds, you can connect to the AX-Edge editor app with Bluetooth MIDI and tweak your sounds wirelessly. Splits and layers let you take full advantage of the expansive, full-sized keyboard. And a wealth of stunning new effects, including a master compressor and EQ, give you polished, studio-quality tone in any venue. And thanks to the Tone Remain function, you can switch sounds seamlessly on stage without notes or effect tails being cut off prematurely.
Take Control of Your Performance - with Both Hands
The AX-Edge's neck controls are highly intuitive and truly take your performance to another level. While your right hand will appreciate the supremely playable keyboard, your left hand will love the modulation bar, pressure sensitive pitch ribbon, and easy-to-reach controls for portamento, hold, octave switch, and program change. If desired, many controls can be reassigned to functions that perfectly suit your performance style.
The Stage-Ready, Performance-Focused Powerhouse
The AX-Edge has thoughtful performance features that aid you in the heat of battle. An innovative dual display system keeps you in command at all times, while the onboard arpeggiator and song player can handle backing duties while you concentrate on slaying your audience. And the built-in vocoder, which can be layered with internal sounds, is just the thing for unique backing vocals or funky, retro lead parts.