Taylor 512ce Urban Ironbark - Tobacco Sunburst w/ Case (Serial: 1210062139)
The 512ce is one of our first models to feature back and sides of solid Urban Ironbark, a dense, hard tonewood that yields a rich, sophisticated response with a deep low end and high-fidelity voice reminiscent of Indian rosewood, along with some of mahogany's midrange punch and focus. The Grand Concert 512ce pairs Urban Ironbark with a torrefied Sitka spruce top, lending a played-in character that makes for a warm, piano-like sound with remarkable balance across the tonal spectrum. With V-Class bracing inside, this compact acoustic-electric serves up room-filling projection and blooming sustain, offering a muscular quality that remains sensitive to a soft touch. Appointments include new Aerial inlays in Italian acrylic, a single-ring abalone rosette trimmed with maple and black purfling, and a tastefully subtle edgeburst. It ships with ES2 electronics in a deluxe hardshell guitar case.
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Grand Concert
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Torrefied Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Red Ironbark
- Body Bracing: V-Class
- Binding: Black and Maple
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Standard Carve
- Radius: 15"
- Fingerboard Material: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: 500-series Aerials
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 24.875"
- Tuning Machines: Taylor Nickel
- Bridge Material: Crelicam Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: Black Tusq/Micarta
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Electronics: ES2
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb, .012-.053
- Case/Gig Bag: Hardshell Case